There are different ways to clean fabric lounge chairs, one of them being using a steam cleaner. However, if you don’t have a professional steam cleaner, you can still get that deep cleanse with regular products that can be found anywhere.
Let’s go over the steps to follow to get a perfectly clean lounge chair:
- First of all, vacuum your lounge chair to get rid of all the dirt that is on the surface or might be trapped in the layers of fabric.
- After vacuuming, it is better to first of all target specific areas with stains on your lounge chair and remove them before giving your piece of furniture a deep wash. For most of the stains, you can make a paste with baking soda and water or mix white vinegar and water. For more stubborn spots, you might need to use special products and formulas that gently remove these stains.
- For this step, you must use a mix of high-quality detergent with water, and a microfibre cloth soaked in that mix and completely wrung. Clean all the upholstered areas of your lounge chair.
- After cleaning your lounge chair with detergent, rinse it with a damp towel. Wipe the cleaning solution off until there isn’t any soap residue on the upholstery's surface.
- After the wash, dry your lounge chairs by either putting them outside in a shady area to air dry them or by using dry wipes on them to absorb as much moisture as possible and then putting them under the ceiling fan until completely dry. Don’t skip this step, as it is important to ensure the fabric on your lounge chair is dry. It’s best not to blow-dry the chairs or put them under direct sunlight as both methods can damage the fabric.